Digitalizing locomotive maintenance
In keeping with the progress of digitalization, Vossloh Rolling Stock is offering fleet managers and technicians fully comprehensive external access to all the relevant status information and alarm messages via COMAP, an IT-supported Maintenance Management System, and Railfleet, a data transmission and visualization tool. Exchanging data with the locomotives in real time speeds up problem identification and assessment of both the situation and the further measures required.
The integrated cockpit:
- displays the locomotive’s entire structure with all its components
- makes all the information available on one user interface
- stores the intervals agreed on with the customer/ECM according to hours of operation or kilometer reading etc.
- maintains a life-cycle record for every component part including a description of its condition and history
- displays the qualifications of the workshop / service employee
This system enables locomotive data at a level of detail never seen before to be retrieved for the integrated planning of the maintenance measures. The use of this important tool in workshops and especially during mobile servicing is made possible through tablet systems. A download function of the vehicle history is one of the additions being integrated into these systems as well as an offline-mode function for documenting maintenance work already carried out. And the GPS coordinates are helpful in case any spare parts need to be delivered.
Completely and comprehensively digitalizing the maintenance documentation and all the works previously carried out has defined a new standard in the provision of cross-border maintenance services for locomotives. This transparency is a required basis for ECM-compliant, component-based maintenance and an important tool in the warranty period of service contracts and hotline services.
Karte der Standorte