Courses of Study
Vossloh Locomotives is one of Europe’s leading companies for diesel locomotives. We supply customers in Europe and we have a strong team and interesting work assignments waiting for you at our Kiel location. The company has an exemplary interdepartmental working environment and puts its stock in teamwork.
The expectations relating to the qualifications that young talent acquire in technical and commercial fields are extraordinarily high – whether it’s an apprenticeship or a work-study program. Students earn a bachelor degree in six to eight semesters, during which they alternate between theoretical studies and practical training. This ensures students excellent qualifications and the best possible preparation for starting a career. And if you also want that career at Vossloh Locomotives, the door is wide open!
We involve students in the process from the very beginning and show them how to work independently in order to prepare them for working life. Theoretical knowledge and practical experience are given equal weighting in different departments, and students in the work-study program receive individual guidance and assistance. What’s more, they have the option of gathering valuable international experience all around the world by doing a semester at one of the many universities partnering with the Nordakademie in Elmshorn [Link www.nordakademie.de] and the Fachhochschule in Kiel [Link www.fh-kiel.de/startseite].
Benefits at a glance:
- Dedicated trainers
- Flat hierarchies
- Short communication and decision-making channels
- Remuneration as per the collective bargaining agreement for the metal and electrical industries
- Special gratuities governed by collective bargaining
- A 35-hour week
- 30 days’ vacation
- Flexi-time option
- Good chance to be taken on permanently
- Good career opportunities
Personal prerequisites at a glance:
- General or subject-specific higher education entrance qualification
- Ambition and enthusiasm for specific commercial and / or technical fields
- Good knowledge of mathematics, German and English
- Initiative and motivation
- Willingness to work with others in a team
- Good communication skills